Emilie helps media and communications companies develop and implement policy initiatives and comply with government regulations. She provides strategic advice and compliance-oriented analysis on a broad range of policy, regulatory, and transactional matters before the FCC, FTC, and the NTIA, including on spectrum policy and wireless regulatory issues, as well as on issues affecting the video marketplace and emerging technologies like the Internet of Things. Emilie also guides clients grappling with emerging legal and policy issues in the U.S. and abroad related to privacy, data security, and consumer protection.
Emilie draws upon experience gained through internships with the FCC Enforcement Bureau and the NTIA, as well as her clerkships in the offices of FCC Commissioner Robert McDowell and FTC Chairman Maureen Ohlhausen.
- Assists clients in developing strategy for and drafting comments and other written submissions on a variety of issues in complex proceedings before the FCC, FTC, and NTIA.
- Represents clients in FCC enforcement proceedings on a range of telecommunications, privacy, media, and consumer protection issues.
- Counsels telecommunications and mass media clients on compliance with federal regulatory obligations.
- Worked in-house on a three-month secondment, focusing on privacy, cybersecurity, and broadband/pay-TV market structure issues.
Honors and Leadership Positions
- Member, Federal Communications Bar Association
- Member, International Association of Privacy Professionals
- Member, Women’s Bar Association
- Former Managing Editor, CommLaw Conspectus: Journal of Communications Law and Policy
- Co-author, What Do Broadcasters and Media Companies Need to Know About the GDPR?, Broadcast Law Blog (June 15, 2018)
- Co-author, The New FAA Rules Signal Takeoff for Drone Startups, 1776 Blog (July 20, 2016)
Speeches and Presentations
Participated in 2016 Aspen Institute Roundtable on Spectrum Policy (October 2016)