Accessibility / Disability Access
Accessibility – or ensuring access to communications and video for individuals with disabilities – is a cornerstone of the FCC’s universal service mission.
WBK helps clients with all aspects of the FCC’s accessibility rules and regulations. Our attorneys have been advising clients to help shape the FCC’s major accessibility rulemakings, including accessible telecommunications services, telecommunications relay services, advanced communications services, hearing aid compatibility closed captioning, audio description, text-to-911, real-time text, and more. Members of WBK also negotiated key aspects of the most recent accessibility legislation, the 21st Century Communications and Video Accessibility Act (“CVAA”).
We also advise clients on compliance with the FCC’s often overlapping and confusing accessibility rules, seeking waivers when necessary.
- Telecommunications and Media
- Accessibility/Disability Access
- Administrative and Court Litigation
- Broadband and IP-Enabled Services
- Broadcast – Radio and Television
- Communications Transactions
- Digital Media
- Communications and Internet Equipment
- FCC Enforcement
- FTC, Advertising and Consumer Protection
- International and Space Communications
- State Regulation
- Tower Siting and Infrastructure
- Video Distribution Regulation
- Voice Communications
- Wireless Communications and Spectrum Policy
- Security, Privacy, and Digital Policy
- Transportation and Emerging Technologies
- Intellectual Property
- Enforcement and Investigations