Many facets of telecommunications policy are set by the states through utility commissions and state legislatures.
Our attorneys represent wireless, cable, incumbent, and rural communications providers across a diverse array of issues, including 9-1-1, state high cost funds, broadband expansion and subsidies, state fees, pole attachments, 5G, and VoIP and wireless regulation. We appear regularly before state utility commissions in rulemaking and adjudicatory proceedings for issue advocacy and prosecution of client interests. Many of our attorneys and consultants also engage in legislative and policy advocacy, and collaborate on strategic planning issues regarding state level communications issues, leveraging the benefit of our industry and administrative experience.
The firm’s state utility practice group includes a former FERC Commissioner, two former state regulatory commission Chairmen, and attorneys who have successfully shepherded matters before state regulatory bodies and state and federal courts in several jurisdictions.
- Telecommunications and Media
- Administrative and Court Litigation
- Broadband and IP-Enabled Services
- Broadcast – Radio and Television
- Communications Transactions
- Digital Media
- Equipment Marketing, Labeling and Pre-Authorization Operation
- FCC Enforcement
- FTC, Advertising and Consumer Protection
- International and Satellite Communications
- State Regulation
- Tower Siting and Infrastructure
- Video Distribution Regulation
- Wired Communications
- Wireless Communications and Spectrum Policy
- Privacy and Cybersecurity
- Transportation and Emerging Technologies
- Intellectual Property
- Enforcement and Investigations