Regulatory – State Utility Commissions
State utility commissions address electric, gas, telecommunications, and transportation matters that involve billions of dollars of investment and affect the rates of residential and business customers across each state.
Commission proceedings include rate cases, generation and transmission planning and projects, renewable energy and energy efficiency implementation and incentives, civil penalties, and administrative rules that govern the industry and these issues.
Our firm has a host of attorneys that have successfully litigated or settled scores of these matters, on behalf of utilities, customers, generation providers, and various stakeholder groups. The firm’s state utility practice group includes a former FERC Commissioner, two former state regulatory commission Chairmen, and attorneys who have successfully shepherded matters before state regulatory bodies and state and federal courts in several jurisdictions. Many of our attorneys also engage in legislative and policy advocacy, and collaborate on strategic planning issues regarding state level issues, leveraging the benefit of our industry and administrative experience.
- Telecommunications and Media
- Administrative and Court Litigation
- Broadband and IP-Enabled Services
- Broadcast – Radio and Television
- Communications Transactions
- Digital Media
- Equipment Marketing, Labeling and Pre-Authorization Operation
- FCC Enforcement
- FTC, Advertising and Consumer Protection
- International and Satellite Communications
- State Regulation
- Tower Siting and Infrastructure
- Video Distribution Regulation
- Wired Communications
- Wireless Communications and Spectrum Policy
- Privacy and Cybersecurity
- Transportation and Emerging Technologies
- Intellectual Property
- Enforcement and Investigations