Tim does not limit himself to one segment of the communications industry. If you have a communications question, Tim can help find an answer. He works with manufacturers on equipment authorization, importing, marketing, labeling, hearing aid compatibility compliance; with broadcasters on children’s TV reporting, commercial limits and website rules, contests, non-commercial enhanced underwriting compliance, closed captioning, C-band transition, emergency alert system (EAS) compliance and reporting; satellite operators and others on earth station licensing and Special Temporary Authority (STA); with carriers on foreign ownership and Team Telecom approvals, wireless and wireline transactions, submarine cable licensing, auctions, broadband grant programs, and Universal Service Fund issues; and with each in FCC rulemaking and waiver proceedings and in enforcement investigations.
- Advise clients with foreign-ownership re FCC restrictions/processes and responding to and negotiating with Team Telecom.
- Represent clients in insular territories re USF issues
- Represent numerous clients in FCC enforcement proceedings for equipment and lighting products and emergency alert system (EAS) compliance
- Represent clients in obtaining and protecting spectrum allocations for medical products/services
- Advise media clients on children’s television and closed captioning issues
- Recognized in Best Lawyers for Communications Law (2021 – 2023)