Fascinated by brand development, Ronnie discovered her true calling on her first day of training to become a Trademark Examining Attorney at the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. She advocates to get her clients the largest scope of intellectual property protection available through the patent, trademark and copyright laws. Her experience at the USPTO, in private law firms, and as in-house counsel enables her to evaluate complex situations from multiple angles and address clients’ needs in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
Ronnie has represented clients spanning a broad cross-section of industries, from non-profit organizations and small businesses, to national and global manufacturers and distributors. She regularly counsels clients on the selection, adoption and enforcement of their trademarks, offering not only legal guidance but also providing strategic advice as they develop their brand strategies.
Ronnie is passionate about STEM education and enjoys developing curriculum and teaching robotics classes for children. As the mother of two teenagers, she is co-president of the Langley High School Band and most weekends you can find her cheering on the marching Saxons at various football games and competitions.
Honors and Leadership Positions
- Chairperson DC Election 2017-2018
- Member DC Election Board 2015-2016
- John Payton Leadership Academy, DC Bar April 2015
- TVNewsCheck, “The Value Of Trademarks In This Digital Age” by Mary Collins featuring Ronnie Raju, November 6, 2020.
- “Trademarking and Licensing for Transit Providers,” Transit Cooperative Research Program, Legal Research Digest 21, September 2005, pgs. 1 – 29
- “Has the Rule Against Material Alteration of Trademark Drawings Been Materially Altered?” Vol. 90 Trademark Reporter No. 5, September – October 2000, pgs. 770 – 798
Speeches and Presentations
- “IP Due Diligence In Mergers & Acquisitions,” Author and Presenter, Verizon Engage Excellence CLE presentation to 100+ attendees, October 2016