Phil has been practicing utility law, with an emphasis on administrative litigation, since 1997. He relishes the opportunity to be a zealous “stand-up” advocate for his clients. His diverse practice runs the regulated industry gamut, including electric and gas, telecommunications, and transportation matters before state regulatory commissions and in federal and state court.
In the utility sector, Phil has broad experience with PURPA, cooperative law, renewable energy, and a variety of cost of service, ratemaking and financing issues. For telecom clients, he has experience with intercarrier compensation, interconnection, universal service, 911, ratemaking, access to infrastructure and rights of way, and in acquiring regulatory approvals related to sales, transfers of control, and financings. In the transportation arena, Phil has represented taxi companies, transportation network companies, and governmental transportation districts, in both regulatory rulemakings and administrative litigation proceedings.
Earlier in his career, as Associate General Counsel at Qwest Corporation, Phil headed a group of attorneys responsible for all of the company’s general regulatory matters, including network regulatory and regulatory compliance issues. Mr. Roselli was the lead regulatory lawyer on a number of high profile multi-jurisdictional matters, including the sale of local telephone exchanges in nine states.
- Represented both state public utility commissions and investor owned electric utilities in significant PURPA federal court litigation
- Represented investor owned electric utilities in rate proceedings, transfers and acquisitions, related regulatory proceedings
- Appeared before numerous state public utility commissions on rate matters, transfer and control, and financing proceedings.
- Handled Section federal district court 253 litigation matters for several telecommunications companies.
- Obtained all regulatory approvals for U.S. West’s $9B+ sale of its directory assets and publishing business.
- Litigated telecommunications intercarrier compensation disputes in federal court, before state public utility commissions, and in private arbitrations.
- Represented both transportation and rail clients in proceedings before the Colorado Public Utilities Commission.