Ken is retired from WBK. He was a trusted counselor to clients and was known for bringing a relentless passion to their representation. In four decades of advising broadcast and media companies on regulatory, policy, and transactional matters, he has touched on all aspects of the myriad challenges they face.
Ken worked with a wide range of broadcast companies, including family-owned businesses and a national broadcast television network. While Ken’s practice was ever-changing, his client base was not: Ken continued to advise clients that he represented on the very first day he began law practice. This perspective offered him critical insight into the industry and enabled Ken to bring experience and creativity to client needs.
Ken oversaw the Firm’s broadcast group. He brought a steady hand to this role, working on a daily basis with the group’s attorneys and clients. Ken is the inspiration for the firm’s annual “Heart & Soul” award, which is defined as someone who is unwavering in their dedication to client service, deeply committed to civility, and selfless in their leadership and pride in the Firm’s development.
- Lead FCC counsel for some of the largest radio and television station transactions in recent years
- Provide extensive prepublication content review for major television network broadcaster
- Undertake complex ownership structuring analysis for local, regional, and national broadcast entities
- Guide television broadcasters through comprehensive incentive auction and repacking processes
- Recognized in Best Lawyers for Communications Law (2010-2023)
- Legal 500 US Leading Lawyer (2011- 2020)
- Recipient, Martindale Hubbell AV® Preeminent Peer Review Rating
- Washington, DC Super Lawyer (2013-2019)