Erin uses her inside-the-FCC knowledge and experience to advise communications companies and trade associations on wireless policy, spectrum and broadcast auctions, and broadcast matters.
Prior to joining the firm, Erin guided legal and policy decisions related to the first-of-its-kind broadcast incentive auction as the Legal Advisor to the Incentive Auction Task Force, as well as the post-auction television transition schedule and reimbursement process. Before that, Erin worked on competitive bidding, competition policy, and auction design and application review in the Commission’s Wireless Bureau.
Erin began her telecommunications career in the Mobility Division of the Wireless Bureau working on issues like cellular build-out requirements, Positive Train Control, and wireless signal boosters. Then new to the telecom world, one day her boss started drawing cell towers and coverage circles on the white board – he had her at “megahertz” – and she’s been passionate about the telecom, media, and technology industries ever since.
- Advises wireless stakeholders on legal and policy issues related to the allocation of spectrum – including service rules and auction design. Prepares comments in response to FCC spectrum proceedings.
- Assists clients with preparing applications for cable landing licenses.
- Advises broadcast station licensees on FCC matters, including initial licensing, facilities modifications, assignments and transfers, advertising, and EEO.
Honors and Leadership Positions
- Super Lawyers Rising Star (2020)
- Federal Communications Bar Association
Speeches and Presentations
Presenter at FCC Broadcast Incentive Auction Workshops, including: Reverse Auction Application Workshop (Dec. 2015), Making an Initial Commitment Workshop (Feb. 2016), Presenter at FCC Bidding in the Clock Phase Workshop (May 2016)