Bryan is widely recognized as one of the nation’s top media and communications lawyers. A relentless advocate, Bryan is sought after by clients ranging from Fortune 50 companies to innovative startups for his exceptional understanding of spectrum management, transactions and strategic advocacy before multiple regulatory agencies. His commitment to excellence brings both loyal clients and leading industry honors.
Bryan’s years as Chief of Staff at the Federal Communications Commission under Chairman Michael Powell, along with his earlier work at the agency and beyond, give him a profound understanding of the often complex legal, political and regulatory environments where his clients operate. His keen instincts for achieving results have been honed at the center of the industry.
In addition to his role as Managing Partner, Bryan also leads the strategy and implementation of WBK’s award-winning communications, media and technology team, and directs client management and development.
Bryan lives by the pay it forward ethos, a philosophy he’s helped to infuse throughout WBK. He gives generously of his time and talents to support the community. Whether as a speaker, educator or thought-leader, Bryan is always focused on helping others succeed and encouraging the next generation to thrive.
Honors and Leadership Positions
- Recognized in 2021 Best Lawyers for Communications Law (2010-2021)
- Legal 500 Leading Lawyer Hall of Fame — 2009-2020
- Chambers and Partners USA Ranked Individual — 2010-2020
- Recipient, Best Lawyers “Lawyer of the Year” – Communications Law — 2016, 2020
- Recipient, Best Lawyers “Lawyer of the Year” – Media Law — 2017
- Recipient, Washington, DC Super Lawyers — 2011-2019
- Washington, DC Super Lawyers Top 100 (2014 through 2019)
- Washington, DC Super Lawyers Top 10 (2016)