Mary N. O'Connor
Mary’s expertise is in in both broadcast and wireless regulation, providing a depth of knowledge to her clients. Representing clients in Washington DC for more than 25 years, she understands the need to be constantly aware of the changing regulatory landscape at the Federal Communications Commission, and keeps her clients abreast of relevant changes.
Today, Mary works with clients both large and small including individual broadcast licensees, national broadcast companies, Internet service providers, emerging wireless entities and trade associations. She advises clients on regulatory matters, business transactions and current policy issues. Mary got her start in the telecommunications industry representing “wireless cable” companies in the 90’s and has now emerged as one of the leading experts in the field of 2.5 GHz spectrum. She is the “go to” person for all things related to the Educational Broadband Service and Broadband Radio Service.
- Counsel for the Wireless Communications Association – successfully represented the trade association in negotiating the industry coalition proposal that led to restructuring the US 2.5 GHz regulatory regime, and played an active role in the development of the 2.3 GHz, 3.65 GHz bands. Successfully negotiated the 600 MHz Incentive Auction for OTA Broadcasting. Counsel to large noncommercial radio station licensee with several hundred FM stations and FM translators.
- Represent numerous Educational Broadband Service licensees on all regulatory issues including the negotiation of spectrum leases.
Speeches and Presentations
- Speaker at the National Educational Broadband Service Association – Washington Regulatory Panel – February 2018
- Speaker at WISPA Conference – Leasing 2.5 GHz Spectrum – September 2017
- Speaker NEBSA Conference – 5G What does it Mean? – February 2017