Christine enjoys the diverse array of transactional, policy and regulatory matters on which she works. In her dynamic transactions practice, she advises large and small communications companies on mergers and acquisitions, spectrum leasing, public and private financing transactions, and other commercial transactions. She helps clients negotiate and resolve issues, drafts and advises on transaction documents, and provides guidance regarding associated regulatory issues and approvals. Christine also provides strategic advice to service providers, infrastructure companies and industry organizations to promote policies that foster infrastructure deployment, and counsels them on infrastructure regulation and compliance with the FCC’s environmental/historic preservation rules. Christine chairs the firm’s Tower Siting and Infrastructure practice and leads the industry’s largest players in the most important FCC proceedings, including those that recently have resulted in significant streamlining of the Federal and State review processes related to infrastructure deployment.
Clients also rely on Christine’s extensive experience with FCC spectrum auctions. She has been actively involved in wireless auctions for 25 years, advising clients on intricacies of the FCC’s highly complex auction rules. Assisting clients both large and small, she has worked with them in qualifying to bid in spectrum auctions for Designated Entity benefits, as well as on investing in entities that qualify for such benefits and in successfully securing their licenses post-auction. Christine also is WBK’s Administrative Partner, overseeing the firm’s operations and financial performance, and a member of the firm’s strategic Management Committee.
- Advocated on behalf of several clients for policy and rule changes to facilitate infrastructure deployment.
- Represented clients in several adversarial proceedings before the FCC arising from challenges to infrastructure deployment, in each case securing FCC clearance for deployment to proceed.
- Designed compliance programs for multiple FCC auction participants regarding the FCC’s anti-collusion rule, rules related to designated entities, licensing rules governing multiple wireless services, and rules regarding infrastructure deployment.
- Represented several small businesses in successfully qualifying for designated entity benefits, or investors in entities qualifying for DE benefits, in multiple FCC spectrum auctions.
- Represented Dobson in connection with its acquisition by AT&T.
- Advised Intel in connection with its $1 Billion investment in Clearwire.
- Acted as outside general counsel for entrepreneur through start-up, construction and operational phases.
- Advised winner of spectrum in FCC Auction 35 in connection with negotiation of settlement agreement between Federal government, certain Auction 35 winners and NextWave.
- Served as special FCC Counsel to wireless company in its Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceeding; negotiated settlement agreement with FCC and Department of Justice relating to outstanding debt on FCC licenses; advised in connection with several 363 sales under auspices of bankruptcy court, including negotiation of stalking horse and other sale agreements.
- Successfully defended challenge to nationwide exclusivity of large paging carrier on certain private carrier paging channels.
- Represented underwriters on FCC regulatory matters in connection with several multi-billion dollar public offerings
- Recognized in Best Lawyers for Communications Law (2019-2022)
- Named Super Lawyer® in Communications Law (2020)
- Martindale Hubbell AV® Preeminent Peer Review Rating
- Recognized by Legal 500
- Recognized by Chambers USA
- Federal Communications Bar Association
- Current position: Charity Auction Committee Member
- Past positions:
- Executive Committee Member
- Trustee, FCBA Foundation
- Co-Chair, Continuing Legal Education Committee
- Co-Chair, Transactional Practice Committee
- Co-Chair, Access to Records Committee
- Women’s Bar Association of the District of Columbia
Christine M. Crowe and Mark D. Schneider, “Major Wireless Policy Developments – September 2009-September 2010.” This article appeared in the 28th Annual Institute on Telecommunications Policy & Regulation, published by the Practising Law Institute.