Internet of Things
The Internet of Things, or the IoT, is all about connectivity – linking “smart” objects to the internet and to each other, and turning data gathered by sensors into actionable intelligence.
The IoT holds tremendous promise to infuse trillions of dollars into the economy over the next decade and transform and improve our lives in ways we cannot yet imagine.
Yet with this rapid expansion of new technologies comes complex legal and policy challenges. To help its clients thrive in the IoT landscape, our interdisciplinary team offers expert advice on legal and policy issues that lie at the heart of the IoT. From drafting “privacy by design” practices and procedures to navigating the FCC’s equipment authorization process to advocating what regulatory frameworks should apply to all (or none) of it, we offer a holistic approach to addressing our clients’ business and legal needs.
- Telecommunications and Media
- Administrative and Court Litigation
- Broadband and IP-Enabled Services
- Broadcast – Radio and Television
- Communications Transactions
- Digital Media
- Equipment Marketing, Labeling and Pre-Authorization Operation
- FCC Enforcement
- FTC, Advertising and Consumer Protection
- International and Satellite Communications
- State Regulation
- Tower Siting and Infrastructure
- Video Distribution Regulation
- Wired Communications
- Wireless Communications and Spectrum Policy
- Privacy and Cybersecurity
- Transportation and Emerging Technologies
- Intellectual Property
- Enforcement Investigations