Bob’s interest in communications dates back to his days as a disc jockey at Georgetown University’s radio station. He has handled numerous transactions and regulatory matters for radio and television broadcasters, and also advises clients spearheading the telecommunications industry’s migration to the next generation of wireless services. Bob specializes in counseling companies that are building, equipping and supporting wireless networks that will provide, among other things, 5G service and connectivity for the Internet of Things. Bob also is an expert on regulatory and transactional issues relating to unlicensed uses of spectrum, access to infrastructure, rights of way and multi-tenant properties.
Bob regularly advocates for clients on spectrum allocation matters before the FCC, and assists companies attempting to introduce new wireless broadband equipment or services to the marketplace. He also works on cable and satellite carriage issues, including the negotiation of carriage agreements between television stations and cable/satellite operators.
Bob is also co-chair of the Federal Communications Bar Association’s Telehealth Committee and has advocated before the FCC on telehealth issues.
- Draft and negotiate pole attachment and right of way agreements for wireless infrastructure providers in both large and small markets.
- Advise clients on FCC rules and policies on wireless infrastructure deployment, antenna installations and inside wiring.
- Provide counsel to communications providers seeking access to tenants in multi-tenant properties.
- Represent clients before the FCC in proceedings on new licensed and unlicensed spectrum opportunities for wireless providers and equipment suppliers.
- Assist major rail carrier in obtaining waiver of FCC unlicensed spectrum rules to enhance on-board Wi-Fi service.
- Advise equipment manufacturers on compliance with FCC equipment authorization requirements.
- Assist medical device developer in responding to FCC Enforcement Bureau inquiry on rule compliance.
- Advocate and prepare submissions on behalf of developer of “digital medicines” in FCC inquiry on telehealth funding.
- Draft and negotiate agreements for transactions involving sales of broadcast properties.
- Draft and negotiate retransmission consent agreements between television broadcast stations and multichannel programming distributors.
- Provide counsel to wireless and satellite providers on FCC obligations during bankruptcy proceedings.
Honors and Leadership Positions
Co-Chair of Federal Communications Bar Association Telehealth Committee
February 16, 2015 – iMedicalApps,
by Robert Primosch