Innovative companies in the wireless space turn to Paul as a trusted advisor who is skilled in finding and implementing creative solutions to regulatory, legal and business problems. After more than 30 years of practicing at the intersection of law and technology, Paul today specializes in issues involving emerging spectrum-based technologies (licensed and unlicensed), the development of the Internet of Things (including connected automobiles), and wireless charging solutions. Paul has played a key role in turning undervalued spectrum into airwaves gold, crafting the industry coalition proposal that led to restructuring the US 2.5 GHz regulatory regime and leading in the development of the 2.3 GHz band. In addition, he frequently provides transaction support for clients implementing spectrum leases, asset and stock acquisitions, mergers, joint ventures and financings.
- Crafted the industry coalition proposal that led to restructuring the US 2.5 GHz regulatory regime.
- Played an active role in the development of spectrum policies for the 2.3 GHz, 3.65 GHz, 5 GHz and the millimeter wave bands above 24 GHz.
- Assisted equipment manufacturers in developing policies and procedures to assure compliance with FCC rules governing equipment authorization and addressing non-compliance.
- Provided transaction support for clients implementing spectrum leases, asset and stock acquisitions, mergers, joint ventures and financings in connection
- Developed and assisted in implementing strategic approach to securing first FCC equipment authorization for wireless charging at a distance
Honors and Leadership Positions
- Named to The Best Lawyers in America© for Communications Law (2010-2020)
- Named to Super Lawyers® (2013-2019)
- Two-time Recipient, Wireless Cable Association’s President’s Award
- Recipient, Wireless Communications Association’s Golden Eagle Award
- Recipient, Lawyer of the Year by Private Cable & Wireless Cable Magazine
- Regular Speaker, Legal and Industry Conventions
- Lecturer, Communications Law, George Mason University
- Recipient, Martindale Hubbell AV® Preeminent Peer Review Rating
- National EBS Association Outstanding Member Award (2011)
- National EBS Association Distinguished Service Award (2017)