Alex helps clients succeed by bringing a collaborative and goal-oriented approach to their business needs. Alex focuses on renewable energy, telecommunications, technology, and aerospace sectors and represents a wide range of companies and investors in financings, mergers and acquisitions, technology and commercial transactions, securities, corporate governance, and real estate. Alex also has experience representing banks, food and beverage companies, homebuilders, and construction companies.
While in law school, Alex was a student attorney for the University of Denver’s Community Economic Development Clinic. In that role, he helped represent nonprofit corporations, community-based associations and enterprises, small businesses, and artists. He drafted entity formation documents, drafted and negotiated contracts, and assisted in providing general counsel to nonprofit corporations and small businesses. He also assisted on intellectual property issues and real estate transactions.
Prior to becoming an attorney, Alex was a commissioned officer in the United States Air Force 3d Space Operations Squadron, a Staff Assistant in the United States Senate, and staff at CU Boulder’s Research and Innovation Office.
- Drafted several customer-facing solar contracts for various utility companies as part of their renewable energy plans.
- Represented utility company in negotiations with community solar garden subscriber organizations for production and interconnection.
- Represented publicly traded European telecommunications company in corporate governance and real estate matters.
- Advised internet service providers in obtaining state and federal grant funding for broadband infrastructure.
- Assisted wireless company with its 5G infrastructure commercial contracts.
- Drafted SaaS agreements for large telecommunications company.
- Represented major telecommunications company in its power purchasing agreements.
- Represented tech startup in seed round financing and in drafting SaaS agreements.
- Advised several tech startup founders with formation and governance matters.
Satellite Manufacturing and Operations
- Provided general counsel to space startup company in the drafting of its commercial agreements to provide revolutionary life-extension station-keeping services.
- Represented Colorado aerospace company in its expansion and acquisition of a foreign space company.
- Advised international satellite operator in its entry to U.S. markets.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Represented the fourth largest US-based craft brewery in its acquisition by a foreign strategic buyer.
- Assisted Colorado-based technology company in the sale of its business.
- Represented fiber construction company in its $145 million acquisition.
- Advised several small businesses in the sale of equity to business partners and general governance matters.
- Advised private equity firm in its acquisition of an international communications, technology and services company.
- Represented several clients in middle-market M&A transactions.
Securities and Capital Markets
- Represented a publicly traded media, entertainment, and communications company in large public securities offering.
- Represented a publicly traded homebuilder in multiple public securities offerings totaling nearly $2 billion.
- Assisted shareholders and issuers with various SEC filings, including 8-Ks, 10-Ks, 10-Qs, Schedule 13-Ds, proxy statements, and Forms 3, 4, and 5.
- Represented a Vermont ski and golf club on a complex private securities offering.
- Represented large real estate developer in its revitalization of a Denver community.
- Represented multiple high-profile sellers and purchasers of luxury mountain properties in Aspen, Steamboat, and Vail totaling more than $100 million.
- Drafted and negotiated several easements for the expansion and operations of a renowned Colorado golf club.
- Drafted and negotiated several commercial lease agreements for retail and industrial landlords and tenants.
- Counseled animal rescue nonprofit in its national fundraising compliance, contracts, and corporate governance.
- Advised several animal nonprofits in corporate government matters.
- Represented banks in loan modifications for Colorado borrowers in response to COVID-19’s economic effects.
Pro Bono and Volunteer Projects
- Colorado Hispanic Bar Association (Board Member)
- Colorado Lawyers Committee (YLD Board Member)
- Colorado Lawyers Committee Racial Justice Task Force
- CHBA Foundation Scholarship Committee