Alex helps clients succeed by bringing a collaborative and goal-oriented approach to their business needs. Alex focuses on aerospace, technology, and communications sectors and represents a wide range of companies and investors in financings, mergers and acquisitions, technology and commercial transactions, securities, and corporate governance. Alex also has experience representing banks, food and beverage companies, homebuilders, and construction companies.
While in law school, Alex was a student attorney for the University of Denver’s Community Economic Development Clinic. In that role, he helped represent nonprofit corporations, community-based associations and enterprises, small businesses, and artists. He drafted entity formation documents, drafted and negotiated contracts, and assisted in providing general counsel to nonprofit corporations and small businesses. He also assisted on intellectual property issues and real estate transactions. Prior to law school, Alex was a commissioned officer in the United States Air Force 3d Space Operations Squadron, a Staff Assistant in the United States Senate, and staff at CU Boulder’s Research and Innovation Office.
- Represented a publicly traded homebuilder in multiple public securities offerings totaling nearly $2 billion.
- Represented a publicly traded media, entertainment, and communications company in large public securities offering.
- Represented a Vermont ski and golf club on a complex private securities offering.
- Assisted shareholders and issuers with various SEC filings, including 8-Ks, 10-Ks, 10-Qs, Schedule 13-Ds, proxy statements, and Forms 3, 4, and 5.
- Represented the fourth largest US-based craft brewery in its acquisition by a foreign strategic buyer.
- Represented Colorado aerospace company in its expansion and acquisition of a foreign space company.
- Assisted Colorado-based technology company in the sale of its business.
- Provided general counsel to space startup company in the drafting of its commercial agreements to provide revolutionary life-extension station-keeping services.
- Advised several small businesses in the sale of equity to business partners and general governance matters.
- Drafted SaaS agreements for large telecommunications company.
- Represented banks in loan modifications for Colorado borrowers in response to COVID-19’s economic effects.
- Counseled animal rescue organization in its national fundraising efforts and its nonprofit compliance.
- Represented large real estate developer in its revitalization of a Denver community.
- Represented multiple high-profile sellers and purchasers of luxury mountain properties in Aspen, Steamboat, and Vail totaling more than $100 million.
- Drafted and negotiated several easements for the expansion and operations of a renowned Colorado golf club.
- Drafted and negotiated several commercial lease agreements for retail and industrial landlords and tenants.
Pro Bono and Volunteer Projects
- Colorado Hispanic Bar Association (Board Member)
- Colorado Lawyers Committee (YLD Board Member)
- Colorado Lawyers Committee Racial Justice Task Force